Do you feel you have what it takes to join our team? Are you seeking a new challenge in an exciting organisation with excellent prospects? If so, please upload your CV below.
Lead and assist the mechanical design and onsite engineering teams in assessing technical performance specifications and developing these into quality installations. This role will be office based with occasional travel to site as required.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Design of Ventilation, Fuel, Exhaust and Cooling Systems associated with Generator Integration
- Co-ordinate mechanical design requirements to meet programme and to ensure handover of project / any phased handover, on time.
- Work closely with the electrical engineering team ensuring that the combined designs are fully coordinated.
- To obtain supplier quotations and make recommendations for such work in conjunction with inhouse Contracts, Site Managers, QS, and Purchasing teams.
- To operate within defined Budgets.
- To attend and chair Services design meetings and circulate minutes.
- Identify discrepancies between M&E, Structural, Architectural and Client provisions * * To obtain approval of technical submittals from Design Team within agreed dates.
- To ensure M&E works are coordinated on site between Clients, Consultants and Sub-Contractors.
- To carry out regular Reviews of Services Installations.
- To compile Services Drawings, Specification, Details for Safety File.
- Review all M&E Design Drawings to ensure compliance with design specification and guidelines.
- Professional Engineering qualification with 3+ years’ experience
- Computer literacy, with emphasis on Solidworks, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project/Word/Excel, Google Sheets/Docs and Adobe/PDF.
- A current full valid driving license.
- Knowledge of construction design stages and contractor responsibilities
- Previous experience in the design of mechanical systems associated with generator or CHP installations is highly desirable.
- Ability to produce thermal models using TAS, IES or Similar simulation software