Why do we collect information?
We collect your personal data from you via telephone, email, online and/or face-to-face. We do not collect special categories of data or criminal conviction records about our customers. However we do collect name, address, email, telephone number, financial information and CCTV instore.
How do we use your information?
|Information we may collect||Why we collect it|
|Your name, phone number, email address||To contact you to provide the goods/service that you require.|
|Your address||To allow products/services to be delivered to the correct address.|
|Your financial information||To process payments for goods/services provided.|
|Your instore experiences-CCTV||To obtain evidence of accidents and injuries instore and to help prevent theft or any other criminal activity.|
The lawful bases allowing us to collect and use your information are:
- For legitimate business interests: to effectively provide goods and services to you
- Legal obligations: where the law requires us to provide information e.g. to HMRC
- Performance of the contract: to carry out our business contract with you
We do not carry out automated decision making using your data.
Who we share your data with:
We do not and will not sell your data to any third parties. However, we may share your data with the following categories of companies, as an essential part of being able to provide services to you:
- RS Systems (IT support)
- ITS Media (website support)
- BACS (payment service providers)
- Couriers (to deliver goods to you)
- Legal companies (in the case of a legal inquiry)
The personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK, however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers within the European Union. We do not share your data outside the European Economic Area. Where we share your data inside the EEA we have procedures in place to ensure it is protected e.g. our contracts with third parties stipulate that they must also adhere to GDPR standards.
How long do we keep your data?
In accordance with HMRC’s guideline ‘six-year-rule’ we retain your data for 6 years after completion of the business transaction.
Your personal data belongs to you, therefore you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about the data we hold on you and what we do with it
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you (free of charge in most cases)
- The right to correct any inaccuracies in the data we hold on you
- The right to have your data deleted in (certain circumstances)
- The right to restrict the processing of your data
- The right to transfer data we hold on you to another party
- The right to object to the inclusion of any of your data
You can contact us via the information below to request to exercise any of these rights at any time.
If you think your data rights have been breached you can raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Information Commissioner’s Office
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact our privacy protection officer Maria McKeown via email@example.com or 02830888861
Aidan Strain Electrical Engineering
40 Maphoner Road
Date to be reviewed: 01/03/19